Indoor Worship Resumes
Our Leadership Team has recommended that we adhere to the following guidelines for indoor worship: when the infection rate in the county is, on average, 5-6 daily new infections per 100,000 residents.
To ensure the health of our congregation, we will be following guidelines consistent with recommendations from the Illinois Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control.
- Worship will be conducted in person and online for all who wish to attend (vaccinated and non-vaccinated).
- All participants must wear masks when children are present.
- When children are not present, masks are voluntary for those who are fully vaccinated.
- Participants must sign in before entering the sanctuary.
- Singing is allowed
- Responsive readings will be allowed.
- Social distancing will be encouraged indoors.
- Individuals who are not feeling well will be asked not to attend in-person.
- Pastor Christy will continue to send the bulletin and Zoom link each week for online worship.
- Special services, including memorial services, with less than 50 participants can resume indoor adhering to guidelines to worship and following protocols.
- After worship, we will encourage participants to move immediately outdoors for fellowship time.
Groups of up to 50 vaccinated individuals may meet in the church facilities if they adhere to the following:
- Notify the church office of date and time of the meeting to eliminate conflicts.
- Meet for no more than 1 hour.
- Meet in the Fellowship Hall or the sanctuary.
- Adhere to social distance requirements.
- Wear masks.
- Limited use of the kitchen facilities.
- Sanitize space after use.As the infection rate continues to decline, we anticipate adjusting these guidelines. However, until all our congregation is eligible to receive the vaccine, including our children, limiting the potential spread of the virus will be our priority.
It has been a long 15 months and we are grateful for the leadership of our pastor, the support of our staff, the work of the Commissions and the dedication of the congregation. We look forward to seeing all who are comfortable returning to indoor worship and continuing to worship online with members and friends.